This is a very cool DIY that I got from Pinterest and YouTube! I was skeptical at first, as I am not one to take on crafty projects and find much success. However, I have been using my little pot of crayon lipstick every day since!
Here’s what you need:
–> Coconut Oil
–> Crayola Crayons (This brand is non-toxic)
–> Glass jar (not in pic)
–>Small containers (try the dollar store)
Here are the colours I tried! My absolute favourite is the pink/red one. The purple I made a little too thick and did not quite turn out the way I anticipated…
1. Heat up a couple inches of water in a pot and place the small jar in the middle
2. Cut up the crayon into peices and take the wrapping off
3. Measure out 1 tsp of coconut oil into the jar and let it melt
4. Add 1 crayon and stir until they are melted
5. Pour into little containers and put in the fridge
If you use the 1 crayon to 1 tsp of coconut oil ratio, you get a nice sheer gloss. I found this to be the best combo in all the different ways I tried!
Let me know if you try this and what you think!!