I love summer, but I love getting back into the routine that Fall brings. Everything starts up again and it’s fun to start switching things up. A big thing for me is getting back to cooking healthy. Summer tends to throw me off track and I’m sure I’m not the only one!
Here’s a recipe I made up for tonights dinner!
Salmon Lettuce Wraps
1 Salmon fillet
Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Head of Iceberg Lettuce
Yellow Sunburst Tomatos
Greek Yogurt Dip Tzatziki / Dill ( Got mine from Superstore)
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) Start the brown rice – I suck at cooking rice, so I can’t give advice other than google cooking times depending on what you have
3) Drizzle about a teaspoon of olive oil on the salmon and rub in the seasoning. Bake in oven for 16 mins at 400F.
4) Dice up the cucumber, onion, tomato, and avocado
5) Tear off a few peices of the iceberg for your wraps
6) Assemble any way you wish!
Lemme know what you think if you try it out!
Ahhh…Summer is upon us and life is filled with BBQs and sangria nights. For me, there is nothing better than a fresh summer salad on a hot summer day. I am a huge fan of creamy (ish) dressings, but without all of the calories. I wanted to share with you one of my favourite light, healthy and DELICIOUS salad dressings (taken from the amazing Gwyneth Paltrow). Hope you enjoy!
Green Goddess Dressing
Makes 1 1/2 cups
2/3 cup sheep’s milk yogurt
¼ cup cilantro
2 scallions, roughly chopped
¼ cup lime juice (2-3 limes)
½ jalapeno, roughly chopped, or a drizzle of hot sauce
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until completely smooth. The dressing can be kept in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.
Pair your salad with a delicious white wine and enjoy with some friends! Cheers 🙂
I am confident in saying most of my friends associate me with chocolate. Immediately you must think it’s because I’m super sweet. I assure you, while true (toot toot! – tooting my own horn?) mainly it’s because I grew up with a father that worked for a chocolate company for my whole life. Good choice Pops. It really helped my lunch bartering when I was in elementary school.
Then to help the association really stick, I decided to follow in his chocoatley footsteps and work for a chocolate company as well. I will post another time as to why I’m now more associated with mac & cheese…tbc.
Are you wondering if you are a choco-holic? Have you almost gone into work with chocolate smears on your forehead?
It’s okay, I’m a special breed. However, I have created a list for people who join me in that specific breed!
1) You can name the top 5 chocolate bars in Canada (HINT: no one ever guesses right)
2) White Chocolate is dumb. You know this is not real chocolate, right?
3) Dark Chocolate is extremely healthy. I mean, I couldn’t even link all the articles to support this. Mix it with red wine? Anti-oxidant overload?! You’re welcome body.
4) You know 75% is the best percentage…and 85% when you are feeling daring
5) You know Cadbury chocolate from the UK is vastly different than Cadbury NA – Please note you can find Curly Wurly’s at your local Walmart.
6) You know when you diet, chocolate is the only cheat that doesn’t really count
7) You know a bowl of fruit for ‘dessert’ is beyond laughable.
8) “Girl, give me a square” is a super cool way to ask for chocolate
9) You have woken up from a nightmare where you are floating down Willy Wonka’s river uncontrollably
10) You know, you + chocolate = happiness and whoever doesn’t get that, just doesn’t get you!